• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

She gets it!

tunrevir

The title to this post is a bit misleading but I thought I'd post it anyways. My 12 yo daughter who has been hunting with us the past couple years came into the house after school today and excitedly stated,"Theres a blood trail leading across the driveway! Can I go look and see where it goes?" I said yes and followed her out and indeed there was a bloodtrail leading across the driveway and into the woods. We followed it a ways and found a bed but no deer. She said, "I don't think it went very far from here." I looked around a bit and suggested she put on her orange and go look a bit more. While she lost the trail she picked up on it on the driveway while walking home from school. I am enthused that she would watch the ground, look for sign and want to follow the sign even though she never took the shot. We lost some daylight to look tonight and have to head to a family function but will try and take up the trail again tomorrow before school. All the woods time she has spent with us, all the stand time, the shooting and she is starting to clue into some of the sublties around her in the world. I just love it! How many 12 yo's would clue into a blood trail and then want to seek out the source? I think this is really cool. I'm looking foreward to this next weekend when we go to Wisc to hunt when she will get to test out her woods savvy once again. Simple pleasures, but I have to say I am glad she is taking in the little things as she grows.

Tunrevir~