• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoy Buck or Doe?

Boosey

It depends on a lot of things, if you a chasing mature bucks I would go with a buck this time of year. Sometimes smaller bucks spoke when they see the buck decoy, where as they will come in to the doe decoy. The ultimate set up is a buck and a doe but that can be a pain in the a@# to haul in and out. I think it is safe to say about 9 out 10 times a buck will approch to the face of the decoy, with that being said I like to quater them to me so all the attention is looking away from me and the will come in broadside for you.

I started using a decoy last year and I must say I have been missing out. Half the fun is watching deer react and it seems to hold those wondering deer around your area longer when it feels the saftey of another deer.

I'm no expert by any means but I have done some research and played with different set ups... above is just my opinion there was this one time I was wrong smile

Cheers!

I am not expert either but I would agree buck is the most versatile. I only leave one anter in on mine as I had a nice buck spook at mine last year. My theory is they horns they give you on many make it look like it could give the real deer a whoopin. So better to minimize the rack on the decoy if you're not going after a monster.