• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fertilize/weed control lawn in the fall?

JBone

Fertilize now AND at Halloween time, at least what the Extension service says.

Wait for a hard frost before you do weed control, if you're looking for broadleaf control.

If you're looking for crabgrass control, that'll die off after the first freeze / frost, but you'll want to remember where it was, so you can be sure to get preemergent down in the spring.

In my area we havent recieved really anything for rain since begining of July. grass in the unny spots is brown and i'd guess dormant. I do have a few weeds that are still kicking. can I spot spray Trimec to kill the weeds without harming the grass??

Ive watered my backyard where the girls play enough to keep it green, but have left the front yard dry. In the backyard I've sprayed the weeds.

Tied into this subject can I fertilize the front? or would I need to water it and wake it back up first.