• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Per the Corn Post...

deerminator

So how do you hunt it when you have an island of woods in the corn. I'd imagine to get there, you basically have to walk through the corn. Duh, lol. But are you setting up for a shot inside the woods or from the edge of the woods down into the corn or both? I'd have to imagine if these islands were sanctuaries, like I have on one of my properties I have permission to hunt, you might want to hunt them sparingly but rather set up on the trails or field edges where those trails are heading into the corn and ultimately wooded island?

I don't mean to sound like an [PoorWordUsage] : ) just wondering how you set up since I've never done this type of hunting before. Last year was my first time field hunting and that was an education. Prior experience has all been woods.

Depending on the size of the "island", I think you would probably be better off setting up on the edge, and find where the deer are coming into it. You would think they would enter from all angles, but from my expirence they will typically use the same corridor to enter. But never second guess em' !