• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glacier Plow System

eyehunter

I have a Glacier Plow on my 2008 Sportsman 500 HO. While I was plowing snow on Saturday one of the welds broke on the mount system and the weld on the other plate is about to go as well. I bought this plow last February along with the wheeler and have only used it a half dozen times or so. Do any of you know if Glacier has a limited warranty on their products? I guess they didn't say if they did or not when I bought it less than a year ago and have it in the back of my truck right now and will be taking it to the dealer that I bought it from this afternoon. I've been searching for a web site for Glacier to find some information on warranties and such, but haven't been able to find anything. Has anybody else had a similar experience and can give me any info on this?

I could just weld it back up, but then the paint will get messed up and the rust will start in short order, I would really like to just get a new part for it. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I took the plow back to the dealer on Monday and was told that there is a 1 year warranty on them, but he would have to put in a warranty claim to Polaris and let me know. They called me last night as I was leaving work and said that I can come and pick it up today, Polaris warrantied it out. It will be interesting to look at the new part to see if there is more of a weld on that one than on the one that broke. It was one of the plates that holds the lever and pin on, the part that latches to the front of the wheeler when you lift the plow with the winch when putting it on the wheeler. There was only two 1/4" welds on the plate, seems like they could put a little more on there than that, but at least they are going to give me a new one for the one that broke.