• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

October 5 New Product Launch

Dave S

Kawasaki plans on revealing their new model line up on October 5th. I haven't heard much by way of new ATVs, but there is a rumored totally revamped ZX-10 going to be revealed with a "Big Bang" motor.

It will be interesting to see what stays in the line up and what's improved. I think Kawi is the last one to offer EPS now that Cat, Polaris, Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha all have it available on select machines.

From what i have heard they aren't changing much to the ATV line as far as what the body looks like and the motor! Although the kawi v-twin is tough to beat already, I thought maybe they would come out with a 1000cc machine or something in that range! A v-twin kawi 1000cc would be unreal for power!!!

I agree Gr8. I was also hoping for a larger displacement Teryx to go head to head with Cat's Prowler and the Can Am Commander.

I'll be shocked if they keep the KFX700 in their lineup for 2011. There just doesn't seem to be much demand or the large bore sport machine anymore.

I am actually going to look at a new kawi tomorrow! My 2007 just went over 1000 miles so i thought it would be a good time to trade! Any idea what it may be worth? 650 straight axle brute force...plow...dynatek cdi......HMF exhaust.....27" mudlites......2500lbs winch....dynojet kit......EPI clutch springs!! Thinking i should be able to get at least $5500 for the whole set up if not more!

the quad market is awful right now, I would hate to have to sell anything right now and expect to get even close what I would want.

As for a new makes and models, look at all the 450 sport quads that are no longer being made or currently on hold in production. Its a sign of the times, and its only going to get worse. gone are the days where dealers sell under sticker and deals were to be had. not to say that will effect utility quads that much but it will some.

i wouldnt expect anything new for 2011 but maybe bold new graphics and colors.

Suzuki is one of those mfgr's that held back but eventually did release a limited number of new models for 2010. Not sure what they hsve planned for 2011. Maybe more of the same as rundrave mentioned....more BNG's.

I hear ya.......my reason is that i would like to have independent suspension and would also like EFI! The way my 650 is set up now, i end up tinkering with the carbs ALOT with the extras i have on it!! It is kind of a pain in the Arse, OTHERWISE it is one Badazz machine!! And yes, it does eat popos for lunch! You won't catch me on anything other than a kawi!

The machines are close enough in overall performance that it comes down to rider ability than actual machine.

Put someone with no experience on either a Kawi or an Outlander and a Honda Rancher will run away from them after they flip over backwards on the starting line. grin

I had heard they had been planning on a 900-ish BruteForce

but it just hasn't come about. Bummer. My 2008 750 is

some what tame now that I have had it for a couple years.

It just turned 1000 miles over and we did the valve adjustments

last Sunday. She is ready to accept all takers again. Always

more than happy to show them the view from the backside of

it!!

????

Good luck!

Stock Outlanders pose no threat to my machine with my mods. It will run right on the tail of a Renegade thats piped ,clutched, power commander ect. IF I put a lighter pilot on it. With me on it I t will still take the stock 800's but its more like 3 lengths behind the Rennys. We race about every 2 weeks throughout the summer. I have prety much done every mod I can without getting inside the motor .Any internal mods will bump me out of my class and keep me out of the 700-800 class.

You bet, I have talked to John on more than one occasion. His stuff rocks.

I have the same machine as you. 07 black SRA 650. Here is the short list...

Dynatec CDI

750 flywheel/stator( about 3 lbs lighter than stock 650 flywheel)

Dalton O/B spring

12 hole Mod

X-over intakes (6-7 HP at the wheels as shown by Dyno) VFJ sells these, or I can tell you how to do your own.

carbs slides are polished

K&n filter

LRD pipe

Jetted accordingly for pipe/intakes.

I run Holshot ATR fronts on the rear because they are lighter than rears, they still bite hard enough that I have to chain the front suspension to try to keep the front down on launch.I run stocker on the front.

I have a buddy with the same machine that is bigbored to 765. Its BAD A^$ !!! It will spank 1000 cats with ease.

You bet, I have talked to John on more than one occasion. His stuff rocks.

I have the same machine as you. 07 black SRA 650. Here is the short list...

Dynatec CDI

750 flywheel/stator( about 3 lbs lighter than stock 650 flywheel)

Dalton O/B spring

12 hole Mod

X-over intakes (6-7 HP at the wheels as shown by Dyno) VFJ sells these, or I can tell you how to do your own.

carbs slides are polished

K&n filter

LRD pipe

Jetted accordingly for pipe/intakes.

I run Holshot ATR fronts on the rear because they are lighter than rears, they still bite hard enough that I have to chain the front suspension to try to keep the front down on launch.I run stocker on the front.

I have a buddy with the same machine that is bigbored to 765. Its BAD A^$ !!! It will spank 1000 cats with ease.

And there we have it. Stock for stock, any Kawi 650 or larger IMO will give any machine a run for their money. But when we're talking even a slightly smaller machine with mods, the pendulum will start to swing in the other direction.

Either way Stumper, it sounds as though your machine flat out moves. I've had a KFX700 and know what kind of holeshot even a stock Kawi has. It would even take the DS650 I had at the same time until the DS hit 3rd gear. Then it wasn't even a race.

Modified machines are a different story. It is suprising though how the 650/750 brute are much closer in power than you would think. Same story with the 650/800 Outty. I have had 2 750 brutes in the past. Amazing torque out of the hole but the ride was terrible. And no, stock for stock a 750 brute will not touch the 800 Outty. I proved it myself with my own machines several times. Actually both before and after the brute had a dynatek cdi and dalton clutch kit installed.