• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New mower

shamalex72

I am looking at a couple of zero turns. A Hustler Sport with a 48" deck and 21hp briggs, the other is a Simplicity ZT 2746 with a 46" deck and 27 hp briggs.

The Simplicity has full rollers on the deck, is this good or bad for a yard that is fairly rough. It does have a pivoting front axle with shocks, do the shocks make that much of a difference? The deck raises and lowers with a button. Better? Or just a gimmick that will malfunction in a year or two.

The Hustler, to me, seems to be built a little "beefier" with less to go wrong or break.

I have driven them both a little and they were very similar in handling. I plan on going to test each one again and see if one stands out over the other.

Anybody have pros or cons for either mower? Thanks.

Yes, if you have shocks, it will make a WORLD of difference.

Simplicity is a sister company to a commercial line of mowers, Ferris.

Ferris has independent 4 wheel suspension and it's WONDERFUL.

I personally don't use them because I don't care for how the deck cuts in rain / heavy dew.

When you mow 80 hours / week, you can't wait for dry days, or the dew to burn off.

As a homeowner, you have the luxury to have dry grass.

The full rollers will leave a better stripe in the grass, it's what makes a baseball field look like a baseball field.

The Hustler is a good mower as well. It IS beefier, but as a homeowner, you don't have to worry too much about either of these mowers.

I personally worry more about the support system behind the mowers, meaning how fast can I get a mower fixed. How many parts are stocked by the dealer.

If it's the same dealer, then I wouldn't worry too much about that.