• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Toro grass bag will not stay attached???

OakdaleFMR

Love my toro lawnmower, and I have never had a problem until last week. I use the grass clipping bagger attachment where the bag has two metal a-arm hooked ends that fit over the metal rod in the rear of the machine. There is no metal bend or wear that I can see (or my neighbor) but the bag keeps slipping off the right side as I mow. If I kick the bag to keep the clippings spreading to the right side of the bag as I mow (the clippings seem to bunch up on the left side - makes sense based on the spin of the blade) it won't fall off as much. Any ideas??? I was so mad by the time I finished mowing the yard I wanted to throw it away.....

It’s likely either a bent bag frame or else the a-arm hooked end on the right side is higher than the left due to the weld fixture setup. Best option would be to get a new bag frame or simply remove material from the left a-arm hooked end slot which will allow the bag frame to sit lower onto the metal cross rod at the rear of the mower thereby having the right a-arm hooked end to seat properly.

If you figure it out please post....mine is about 4 years old and the bag has been falling off for the last two. I tried bending the bar, bending the hooks and making the hooks deeper and nothing has worked.

Thankfully my wife likes to mow so I don't deal with it all too often.

Sidelake,

Spent over 3 hours trying to find a "fix" for the problem yesterday, but nothing worked. I wish I had better news. Hoping someone else knows what to do. It is small bouncing that causes the bag to lift off the bar. I have this question posted in a few other places and will let you know if I get an answer that works.

Bryan