• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else fishing the AIM Championship on Winnie?

I'll take that as a no. Last year the guy that won it on Winnie was using spinners behind planer boards. I doubt if many people fish Winnie like that... I sure hope I get to fish with a Pro that's doing that technique.

James, either they're suspended, or they will come up from the bottom to hit the bait. They're doing it on lake Erie right now. The FLW tourney they just had there (detroit river area) the winners were pulling spinners 20-40' behind boards high in the water column (6 feet down) over 12-19 feet of water and spanking the big girls. I'm going to be trying to learn this technique over the summer, as I think it can be applied to smaller lakes as well as the big systems.

fishermatt -

I also signed up for the tourny. Looks like a lot of fun. Did you sign up over the Web? and what all have you recieved from them? All I got so far was a email confimation. Where in O.T.C do you live? I live In Fergus.

Hey there Hot Spot. I found the AIM site, then just called the number in the Contact Us link and talked to Kathy. Email confirmation is all I've received too, but Kathy said about a month or so before the event they'll start sending more stuff. I live about 10 miles south of Perham by Dead Lake.

Do you have a place to stay for the tourney? My buddies have a cabin that's about 45 miles from Deer River, so I'm planning to stay there since it's free. If interested let me know, maybe we could car pool.

fishermatt-

Ya as of right now no I dont have a place to stay. My Dads buddy actually lives in the area I believe. I was kind o thinking of camping, but I would be open to anything. When do you plan on going? I was tempted to pull the boat up their and do a day of fishing before the tourny if your intrested. But as of right now I got nothing set in stone.

My email is

[email protected]

I know it sucks, the 2 day event follows the week that i'll be vacationing up there. Im making up for it though, i've already cashed a check on the Mississippi this year and i have a couple more on the big river to come! Good luck up there this year again. Maybe in between now and then i can finagle a way into that 2 day.

Yep, that sucks, but congrats anyway on the check prize, always nice to end a day with one of those, in any amount. I got lucky again this year, and am spending the entire week of July 17-25 up there (first 7 at Bowen's Lodge and the weekend of the tourney at my new camper set up at Becker's), so I'm hoping to really have a read on the fish like I did last year!! Good luck the rest of the season, and, maybe with some serious armbending, we'll see you at Denny's in August!