• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 107

jltimm

Penn whipped Sanchez, Mir submitted Kongo with ease, Fitch won by decision, and Florian stopped Guida. Great fights, to bad I didn't see them! Mir wants a Brock rematch in a bad way! I hope Brock gets better and gets back into the octagon to show everyone he's #1!

I would really have liked to see the Penn vs. Sanchez and Mir vs. Kongo.

I watch some of the Countdown to Penn Vs. Sanchez. BJ has really done a lot to improve his cardio / stamina. After he took the whoopin' from GSP he hired the Marinovich brothers to work with him. It was a noticable improvement in the fight against Florian.

I really would have liked to see the Mir vs. Kongo fight even though it was only a little over a minute long. Mir hired a new boxing coach and put on some weight (muscle) after the Lesnar fight. He weighed in at 245 in UFC 100 (vs. Lesnar 2) for this fight he tipped the scale at 265. He supposedly gained more speed. With the speed and added weight he may be a much better fighter. He was pretty cocky leading up to Lesnar vs. Mir 2. I think the pounding he took humbled him, at least a little bit. I think a Lesnar vs. Mir 3, if it happens, would be am awesome fight.

i thought the penn and sanchez fight would have been a little more of a close fight just because sanchez seems to be a non stop worker when he fights, but penn really shut down EVERYTHING sanchez tried to do! Everytime he went for a take down he was shut down, every head kick was blocked, and he really didn't land many clean shots on penn! Penn basically did anything and everything he wanted to and i was really glad to see penn standing during breaks between rounds showing that he was in much better shape and his cardio had improved tremendously!! Penn should be champ for a long time if he keeps his head right and keeps his cardio up!!

I can't see a gsp fight happening......for one, i don't see penn going up a weight class (welterweight)to fight gsp just because gsp is so big. And if GSP came down to penns weight class (lightweight) he would just weigh in and then gain the weight right back before the fight! It basically is not a fair matchup for penn in any sense!!

I won't argue that there aren't a few guys in line for a title shot against GSP before Penn would get a shot (Dan Hardy is one of the first that come to mind).

But B.J. Penn would definitely go up a weight class. He has in the past (several times). He was the welterweight champ in 2004, defeating Matt Hughes to win the title (Matt Hughes is one of the fighters GSP has lost to). At the time, Penn lost the title because he went to a different organization.

His first fight against GSP was a split decision loss to GSP. He dominated GSP in the first round of that fight. He did some significant damage to GSP's face in the fight and the decision going to GSP in that first fight was a bit of a suprise to some.

He has fought Machida, in which the fight went to a decision. He fought at a weight of 191 lbs while Machida weighed in at 220 lbs.

Penn has no problem fighting in a heavier weight class.