• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you do for/ tell your wife/girlfriend?

The 1st place I ever took my wife was on a week-end fishin trip to Corpus Christi, Texas. One taste of redfish and she was in my pocket. Before we got married I told her I have rods, reels, tackle boxes & guns and they are gonna be a part of my entire life. After we moved to SoDak and fed her antelope she was hooked on wild game. Ya gotta kinda look at it that outdoor sports beats sittin in a tavern throwin money across the bar.

When we were first married it was just a small problem. When the kids (3 sons) were little it became a larger problem. Now, 30 years later she says "No problem. I like having the house to myself".

Go figure. Sometimes it's fun getting old!

Because at the start of deer season our freezer usually has no venison in it, my wife is usually kicking me in the butt to get out there and bring home some freezer filler.

No need to tell her anything except that "its time". She may reply with, "dont come home without a deer!"

My wife knew what she was getting into. It was pretty clear from the beginning. She can tell that it's getting to be that time when my neck swells up and I start scraping and peeing on the ground.

She also understands that it's not just about the deer, since it's about the only time I get to see my Dad and the other guys in my family. That's always a good thing to throw into the discussion, if there ever is one.

She usually takes the same time off to go visit her family, which works out well for both of us. And a bouquet of flowers before and/or after the season never hurts. The only thing that really gets me into any trouble is when I cut and wrap venison in "her" kitchen... I just do that while she's at work and clean up before she gets home. She doesn't ask, I don't tell. Problem solved.

greetinz frum da-hood !

I took my best gal and her daughter out to dinner sat. nite,

( I like to go hunting later in the season )

and the "cougars" were out in full force ! So don't kid yourself,

they're not sittin' around boo hooin' . . .

They can't wait to get our sorry behinds out of the house for five days. It's like a vacation for them too !

enjoy !

snipe

When my wife was still my girlfriend I still went hunting every weekend, she learned to live with it but her comment was "I thought I'd have to grow antlers and a pheasant tail". Now she has learned to plan her educational seminars for the fall and also I take her out for a weekend getaway sometime over the winter. Its a win win for both of us!!! smile