• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I want to stay. it gets harder each time, what are my options .

I fish the sioux narrows kenora area 3-4 times a year. I live in chicago now, and am seriously thinking of getting a working visa. I have a painting business in chicago, interior exterior. it would not be that hard. I hope, to do the same there. I guess if you are a skilled worker it makes it somewhat easier. I also have a brother in law, that has a cabin on the lake. in that area, so I could live there, what are my options is this feasible.

I would say that getting a work visa would almost be impossible for you, unless you bought a painting business or something similar up here.

I own 2 resorts and employ 15 fulltime and 6 parttime employees and I still have a hard time each spring getting my work permit/visa.

They offer all the open jobs to Canadian willing to the work. If there are no Canadians that can fill the position, then you may have a chance. There is a skilled worker clause in there as well, if your trade is a highly skilled trade then are exceptions. You can try, but I really doubt you will have any luck. Best of luck though, you would be best to go the Canadian gov HSOforum and contact them and get the info first hand.

Robert, I would stop by the Human Resources office here in Kenora. It's located in Market Square, and they would be able to direct you, I would think. The ladies there have been great. (My wife is American, so they've helped me get through the transition stages)