• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winch Issue

taits_papa

Question for those educated on winches. When plowing, my winch works perfectly everytime when letting it out, but only sometimes when pulling it in. It seems like I need to hit the button 4-5 times before it starts to pull in cable. Sometimes I even need to let it out and then quickly hit the in before it reels. What might this be? I love to plow, but this is getting cumbersome. It's a warn winch if that matters.

The fact that you are hearing a click probably means the switch is ok. Is your contactor mounted near the winch? That is probably what you are hearing. First thing I would do is check for power and ground at the winch when you operate the switch.

The click would be the relay(contactor). Sounds like the relay is pulling in as it should but power isn't reaching the motor. Do as macgyver said and check the connections between the relay and the motor. hope that helps.