• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need some advice 88 Lund Rebal new floor!

I am installing a new floor in an 88 Lund rebel and I want to know if I leave out the live well and the wooden rod holders, will it weaken the boat? I am assuming the way the live well and the rod holders attach to the sides of the boat they add strength. Can I get away with leaving both of them out? Are they important for structural support? I want to do this because I want more floor space and I don’t use the live well and I want to put in different rod holders. Let me know what you guys think!!

Not only is this structual somtimes they have styrofoam in the cavitiy. I've done 4 boat make overs some smaller and some larger than your rebel. Just me,but I would try to preserve the livewell and maybe re think the rod holders. Also use only marine grade plywood. With new floors and seats, live well pumps bilge pumps, and carpet ect. I usually had 800-1000$ in materials with new seats as well. Hours ranged 40-45.

good luck.