• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Removable Structure

Has anybody used any sort of removable structure, such as a porcupine, rubber/plastic weeds, or anything similar? If so, how long did you leave it in place, and did you catch more fish than you probably would have in the same area without any kind of weed-like structure? I'm new to the panfish community on this site, and couldn't find anything related to this for a ways back. If it's a repeat, I apologize in advance.

Thank you for any information you may have.

I use reel weeds. Out once this year, showed a few fish but they weren't hanging around. Put down a v pattern in with my house inside it and had fish for the four hours we fished it. Just left them down the whole time we fished.

I have them and although they seem expensive, they are engineered to work well under the extreme conditions that ice anglers put their gear through. My buddy and I both bought a pair, and I have the camera cable structure for the aqua vu as well. I really like using them if I plan to sit in a spot for a while, or if I am on a seek and destroy lake, set them up with some fishing holes in and amongst them. Then I will run and gun popping holes and fishing the general area, and make my way back to the holes. They will sometimes attract fish, but moreover, they will hold roaming fish in an area longer than they would stay without. With my experiences with them, perch and panfish seem to like them the most, and you may draw in a pike or two with them down as they are curious critters.

There are a few places online that sell them, one being http://www.thornebros.com and the guys at Thorne will answer any fishing questions you have from beginner all the way to the extreme details. Really a great bunch of guys to talk to there.