• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

finally a crappie bite

ZEEK1223

I have been going to the same lake every time I have the opportunity to fish. The reason being, the fish are stacked solid red suspended off the bottom 10ft. every other time it would take all the effort I had, throwing all the lures in my bag at them just to get a limit in 4 hours. well today was a lot different. The water was running off the top of the ice into my holes like a river. it was so strong my vex float would just circle around my hole. I had the best bite of the year. I caught my limit of crappies, and my limit of sunnies. All were very keep able fish. I left with my limit even though the fish were still biting......havent had a bite like that for years.....I hope you all are having the same luck with the new melt.

was out last nite and got my limit----nothing mountable but had fun---- wind just about tipped the portable over most of the time still had to work at getting them to bite though. I've been getting most of mine on a doodle bug and crappie minnow/minnow head