• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rainy river boat access

just wondering if any one could help me out? I was trying to find a boat ramp for the rainy river somewhere arround the pinewood area on the ontairo side or accross from the frointer (resort or pubic or privite) that would be open for the spring run. I all ready have my remote border pass and ontairo fishing licenes, I am just trying to not fight the crowds on the MN side of the river? thanks for any help

I think there is a ramp at Emo. I case you don't know this you can't bring US minnows into Canada nor can you take Canadian minnows into US waters. In Canada you have to have a minnow receipt to prove you have their minnows. I'm not sure how the MN DNR supervises this on the US side.

yea I know all this but it would be a long boat ride from emo to frontier. I been going up to the rainy for 7 years now and i see all these candian boats they all cant be lauching from emo.

I'am 44 years old have lived on the river entire life one mile east of clemenson Canadain side one blue silo in yard. There is a public boat launch in Rainy River,Pinewood east side of town also Stratton, Barwick and Emo very seldom any line ups.I really injoy the Sturgen fishing on the river.

Thanks pelicanlanding, The access at Pinewood is it big enough for a 18' if so how is it ? Normaly how is the shore ice? on the candian side were would you go about buying bait? I mainly go up to fish the walleyes butdoing so we have caught a sturgen now and again. thanks alot for the post!!