• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fort Drum area fishing

My son will be stationed there starting in March. Was jsut wondering what kind of fishing there is in the area. We are from Minnesota so walleye is king around here. Any information that you might have so I can pass it on to him will be great. Just want him to have a chance to get out and wet a line in his spare time.

Thanks

You will be by A LOT of fishing opportunities. The Indian River Lake Chain is right by. Hyde Lake, Moon Lake, Red Lake, Muskellenge Lake, ButterfieldLake and Crystal, just to name a few. They hold Walleye, Perch, L&S mouth Bass. Crappie, 'Gills, Big Pike etc. You will be pleased with all the opportunities!

Good Look!!!!!!!!!

Chef, you are on the money about the opportunities . . .also, Black Lake, St Lawrance Seaway, Lake Ontario, Bay of Quinte up the road and of course our favorite an hour and a half south . . .Oneida.

I think all the lakes up that way, in the the Indian river chain will fish and look pretty similar to the MN lakes..... I've had some great day's canoeing the Indian river... it's great largemouth and smallmouth top-water in the summer with an occasional waldo and Northern mixed in. we do all C&R up there, there are some great fishing opportunities up that way.