• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OK, as mentioned, I'm getting pretty anxious to get the boat out. It's ready, the Lowrance has the updated software, the spools have new line, I've made rigs to beat the band.

Anyone been out there recently?

Rumor has it that by American Creek close to 70% open water!?! Haven't seen it myself though. Don't know about ramps either. They are gonna get nailed with some warm temps tomorrow so would expect couple more weeks and open close to 100%

American Creek campground ramp opened up at 4:30 Saturday. Marina is open, but the ics is still socked in under the bridge. Fast water ramp had 75 or so rigs using it, as that was the only ramp available at the time. Water is open to below Chamberlain, down to the dude ranch ramp. Not sure how much further around the bend its open.

Fishing is slow, as it has been all year.

Still ice fishing back in the overflow channel

Filled up the truck with $3.16 regular, and put $50.00 worth of $3.25 premium in the boat. $110.00 later, I was going fishin! Gas prices are putting a hurt into the trip!

Hey Skis, Stop in Sioux Falls and pick me up on your way to Chamberlain. I've got the itch! I haven't been hearing any good reports lately. Think we should just go out there and show 'em how it's done. I think today's weather has really given me the river walleye rash!

ducks n eyes

Hate to burst your bubble, but I went thru SF Tuesday morning about 6:15 on the way to Chamberlain!! grin.gif

Fishing wasn't great, but we caught some fish. It was 69 degrees that day, it was March, and I had a ball!! Can't wait for the next trip!!

Now Skis, That's just not right! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! I don't think I'll make it out for a couple weeks yet. Working this weekend and with Easter next weekend, just isn't gonna happen. I'll be in your home town Easter weekend. If the weather turns around next week, maybe I'll just have to take a day off work to go.

Hey Skis, I wasn't talking about the Valley. I was talking about the town you grew up in. Or should I say, north of.

You still thinking of heading to the river this weekend? I'm looking to get there on Sunday. Gonna have to see what the weather does. As of right now, supposed to be 50deg out there. Not sure about the wind yet. Sioux Falls is calling for high winds all weekend. Pierre is saying windy on Saturday.

All reports I've heard have been pretty good for limits of eyes. Mostly from shore with a few guys out in the boats.

I figured this would eat at you, Skis.lol. I suppose I'll be nice and tell you who I am. We'll play a little guessing game first. I am a year younger than your sister. I am one of few that can stand toe to toe with you and look you in the eyes. If you look in the Rock Valley phone book, you'll see my last name a whole lot of times under "K". Figure it out yet?

Well, I think I have half of the equation figured out. Kooima is definitely the most popular K name in Rock Valley.

But my sister is 3 years younger than me, so you were in 8th grade when I was a senior. I'm trying to remember some tall drinks of water that played BB at Sioux Center after I graduated.

You have half my name figured out. Oh yeah, I didn't play ball. I wasn't sure if you were 3 or 4 years older than me. There's a lot of SC graduates that probably don't know my real first name. Most know me as "Buck".

So anyway, think you're gonna make it to the river this weekend yet? I'll be watching the weather very closely tomorrow. I really want to get out there on Sunday!