• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Selecting the Right Reel

I guess we can start a topic on reels since we already have one on rods. So, reels anyone?

I picked up a Gander Series ultralite reel this morning. The ML500. A pretty nice reel and priced right. At $20 its great.

The new Cetus reels are real nice too. Very smooth and high quality.

Tiny-20's, Abu Cardinals, Quantums, the list goes on.

I found a reel by Browning that is pretty good for UL rods. Can't recall the exact model but it was only $20.

A lot of nice reels out there.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

I like the Cetus but it is so smooth that when ya jig the spool wants to turn on its own. Only seen 1 bad one out of about a dozen of us guys who own them. Abu makes some nice altralights as does Quantum and Okuma.

I also use the Tica Cetus and feel it is the best ultralite reel to be found. I've got two of them and will be adding another for the upcoming ice season. I use them for open water panfish, and trout fishing as well. They are truly great little reels and Tica has added some larger reels to their line that I will be investing in for the open water season too.

Fisherdog