• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

satellite in the permanent

chadice

He all! I know it is early but this year I am looking at putting direct tv in my permanent on Mille Lacs. I have Direct TV at home now with two receivers. Just wondering how it works for everyone? Can I just buy a second dish and pull my second receiver from home and use it? If it is not plugged in to the phone line will I still get my local channels? Do I have to pay Direct TV anything extra for this. Any info would really help. I have called Direct TV and they said I had to set up a second account and pay for east and west cost locals but I don't want to do all of that if I don't have to. Thanks much...ding.ding...ding.....ding

Chadice

Chad: No problem if you just take the second reciever out on the ice. You do need a 120vac supply, which can be a generator or a converter, no phone line is needed. It will update and charge for any movies you watched when no phone line is attached. The problem lies in securing another dish antenna. I wouldn't even call them about your moving it, and you can just shuttle it between the home and the fishhouse. I take mine to Florida when I go and they don't know the difference, but even with the subscription for the locals here, it won't pick them up down there. It has something to do with a focused satellite signal different than here. I'd use a small Honda generator if I was you... Cool, you can get everything you do at home while catching Walleye....Kaz