• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bald Eagle-METRO LAKES TOUR: Sat. Feb. 1

I posted this in the Metro Area forum but I thought I'd add it here too...

I've finally got the date for the Bald Eagle event...SATURDAY FEB 1. I figured we could meet at 8am out by the access and then move onto the lake from there. With conditions permitting we shouldn't have a problem driving out so we should be able to have access to most of the lake. Should be a lot of fun and we should catch a lot of fish. Bald Eagle contains a variety of fish including walleye, pike, largemouth bass, gills, black and white crappie, perch, and even muskies are caught during the winter. A great lake for crappies and walleyes. I'll have the lake broken down into different areas that have produced for me in the past. During the day we can get into the crappies, gills, perch, and pike and then relocate for walleye as night draws near if you wish. Not uncommon to pull up walleyes in the 4-5 pound range and 13 inch crappies are roaming the lake. With a lot of a fishermen we should be able to come up with some nice catches.

Any interested in attending?

Good Fishin, Matt.

I recently moved to Maplewood and would be interested in learning this lake. I mostly fish west metro lakes and MIlle acs for walleye. This lake is only about 10 miles from my new house. I have already purchased a lake make and have identified many area's I wish to target during the open water season. I would like to ice fish this lake and getting some help on where to get the crappies and walleyes through the ice would be great.

Mr Pike 1,

Stop by and I'll show you around and I can give you some info on the surrounding lakes. Say, you didn't happen to go to Canada two summers ago and catch a big smallie did you? I know a guy who moved to Maplewood and he loves pike and I noticed your name and that you just moved to Maplewood.

Good Fishin, Matt.