• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting lessons learned this past week

luckey

For clarification, when I said "Note: I did not go hunting Saturday morning because I wanted to check out the bow after making the changes. I probably shot 40 arrows at 20 and 30 yards prior to hunting Saturday evening"

I shot these 40 arrows on Saturday morning after making adjustments to the bow.

I agree someone who shoots thousands of arrows will no doubt be a better shot than one who shoots less, but you

have to start somewhere. I didn't say this was the best way to start bow hunting and by no means want to suggest that anyone should follow this path.

I shot the bow today and plan to go hunting tonight.

Maybe if I'm real "Luckey" I won't see anything in range.

I do believe this thread has gone far enough as I feel there is no need to agrue about how many shots are needed.

Luckey has worked with his bow and hopefully the next trip out he will have a great time.

If you have any questions Luckey, post away and all will be answered. I do feel we have been somewhat harder on you than need be and if I personally came acroos as sounding mean, I surely did not want you to feel this way. Now, go out hunting and have a great time.

Good luck tonight and may the deer Gods be with you.

DRH1175,

I am sorry, but posts like yours really do more harm than good! You obviously have strong feeling about bow hunting! I do no know why you can not make a helpful post like Harvey Lee made!

The guy comes on her looking for advice and is getting what he needs! To cut him down at this point does no one any good, but makes your self not that helpful! As you can see many post before have said the same thing you said.

Help, do not just be negative! Create a fun and learning atmosphere! Like forum policey says!

Quote:

She was slightly facing me so I held a little forward and let fly.

If you took the time to learn about bowhunting before winging it, you would have known that you shouldn't be taking shots with the deer facing you or quartering towards you.

Try and get into a bow hunting education class. I took one, and even though it is not required for bowhunting in MN (though it should be just like firearms) - it is a great help! They will cover everything including shot placement and shot angles. Ethical shots were also discussed, as far as whether or not a shot you are presented with would be ethical to take.

Best of luck "Lucky"... please keep in mind your lessons you have learned... Wait for the perfect shot, and make the perfect shot.

this thread in my opinion has said enough and I am locking it. We all learn from our mistakes. We just need to do our very best to not make many mistakes to learn from.