• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I see Fleet Farm has a 15.5' for $309.

Is that a good deal or should I hold out for a better canoe or price?

Never owned a canoe before but the little guys are getting close to the age where a canoe would be great for small lakes and panfishing.

Thanks, I thought it was some type of "bump" but didn't undersand the abv.

Tippman,

thanks for the link, looks like mixed reviews as expected at beginner prices.

I noticed a nice looking one at GM last week that was $400 and nice Olive-drab color. Think it was a different brand.

I bought one last year basically for river fishing with my son, we've been down some pretty good rapids with it. It's been very durable, used on lakes also. Make sure if you buy one to store it upside down on sawhorses when not in use, the bottom seems to get a little distoted otherwise. You might want to consider a Grumman or Alumacraft, you can leave those outside all year and don't have to worry, you can find a good used one for around 300.00

I have one and it has served my family well. It isn't the lightest or the fastest, but it fits our needs. If we bounce off a couple of rocks its no big deal, no dents or holes to worry about. When we go to the boundary waters in June we won't take it. It is too heavy for an old guy like me to portage. If you get one, make sure that you keep it clean under the aluminum rod in the bottom. If sand gets between the rod and bottom it can rub a hole through. It is the same as a Coleman canoe. Pelican makes both brands. Good luck, Dave