• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Friday April 20

Fished Bitter, today, for 5 hours. We were very surprised to find the water temp at 38.2 when we started out. We could see ice on the points and along the north and west shores. Fished four five hours without a bite. Work 14" to 18'

As we left the ramp and went up the hill we were shocked to see 1/3 of the lake still ice covered.

Unsuccessfully, fished Kampeska, four 6 hours on Thursday afternoon. We we the only boat on the lake the entire time.

If you like hurricanes you would have enjoyed the day on Kampeska. The winds were SE 25-35. We worked it hard but no success. Water temp 48.

tweed

Tweed, i had the same problem on kampeska this weekend. I never was able to make it out during the week. Did run out friday evening and fished till dark without anything. Then fished saturday from 11:00 until the tsunami set in, which was about 8:00 i suppose had a few hits pitchin jigs around inspiration point but that was it all day. pretty [PoorWordUsage] poor fishin for me. i'll regroup this week and hopefully outsmart some fish this weekend.

thats CRAZY bitter still has ice, i know 2 weeks ago it had a quite a bit but figured it would be off by now.

In 2005 and 2006 we spanked them pretty good on Kampeska a week earlier. We figured being a week later would be even better. Things must be running a couple of weeks behind schedule this year.

Looks like this next week will be in the 70's and 80's so it should awesome fishing.

I can make it. Will be heading to Leech to open the cabin.

Good luck Shark and to everyone. Wish I could be there.

tweed