• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good temp to go canoeing?

I'm thinking of taking my canoe out to a local pond/lake this weekend but want some input if you guys think it's still too cold to take a canoe out?

I bought the canoe last year in the middle of summer so I wasn't face with this dilemma.

I'm kind of worrying about the possibility of capsizing and getting wet.

Any input would be great.

If you're worried, don't go! I have been on the lake while there is still ice out in the main body, but I am confident in my skills & abilities. If you are a novice, I would suggest waiting and practicing your skills when the water warms. Good luck & have fun!!!

I agree with MNice. I have already been out in my boat. 2 years ago I left in the am when there was 4" of punky ice on the lake and the ice was nearly out by the end of the day. We caught some fish and had a great day on the water.

Always wear your PFD and make sure someone knows where you are going and when you plan on being back. Safety first!!!