• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Voles

buffwrf

Not sure if this will work for voles, but I had some shrews in my yard a few years back. When the snow melted, it looked like someone had left a garden hose laid out in the yard (turns out it was their runways from the winter). I went to the lumberyard and bought a 10' piece of vinyl downspout and cut it into 12" lengths on my chop saw. I bought some rodent poison that comes in cube form, it's a little smaller than a child's building block and kind of blue-green in color. I ran a 3" screw through the center of the down spout and through the block poison, suspending the poison inside the tube. This keeps the poison out of reach of curious pets. I put these little poison dispensers up next to my foundation and along my fence. I refill them as needed. The first few weeks, the poison was gone about every week, now I only have to fill them about once a year. Hope this helps. If I find the name of the poison I use, I'll post it later.