• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kauai- My 3rd home away from home.

Well my dad got a new Nikon D80 for x-mas. Every time that he is not using it I have found my self using it all the time. Also seeing a lot of pictures of all of the great photographers on this site.

I am just a rookie so be easy on me. I think it will become another great hobby (like I need one) but it is a lot of fun.

The view from our house.

DSC_04050001.jpg

Just a piece of driftwood on the beach I liked.

DSC_02510001.jpg

Plant by the house

DSC_02360001.jpg

Sister and Boyfriend

DSC_02290001.jpg

The Famous Bali Hai with Hanalei Bay in the foreground.

DSC_03840001.jpg

Local kids catching some waves in Hanalei Bay

DSC_03710001.jpg

I think this is an egret??

DSC_01650001.jpg

The Kiluea Lighthouse

DSC_01590001.jpg

The view of the Lighthouse from the beach in front of the house.

DSC_02430001.jpg

Luau fire dancer

DSC_03330001.jpg

The Nene or Hawaiian Goose

DSC_01630001.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is a place we are fond of. It's hard not to go back because it amazes you each time you go. No matter how many times you see it, it is still unbelieveable.

Here is a few more.

Amazing Blue Water

DSC_0207.jpg

Kite Surfing

DSC_04370001.jpg

The Swell is building. This day they had a high surf warning in effect. Wish I could have gotten a shot of some of the 20-30 ft. waves that the professionals were riding out on a reef break in Hanalei Bay. It is impressive. I just needed someones telephoto. With my 135mm they look like specks. frown.gif

Boats....Good Luck. shocked.gif

DSC_0375.jpg

smile.gif

As I recall the Nene is the national bird of Hawaii and I do not think that there was any hunting of it. They are a kind of cool looking bird though... I never did see one the whole time I was there. Saw piles of "used grass" but never the fertelizer itself! Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo