• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX3tc battery/charger

ice_it_06

Question

My battery on my LX3 only has about 100 (inside perm) hours on it. Acted funny today showing a 60% charge rate after only 2 hours of operation on a full charge. Started seeing lines tracking "counter clock wise" on the face. I turn it "off" it would read 100% within a half hour of no use ?

Upon getting home it showed 100% charge after only 60% when I left the lake ? I plugged in the DCS and it showed only a 40% charge and after 1 1/2 hours it has climbed to a flashing 70% as of now. If I unplug the DCS it shows a 100% charge ?

I charge it after every use and I have never had any issues with it the week or so its been used since new last year.

How does the DCS remove from the battery, I have another battery I'm going to use tomorrow but cant get this DCS off as it will not pull off the battery without feeling like I'll break the DCS......

Thanks for any help !!

2 answers to this question

The DCS is connected to the battery by a double back sticker kind of deal. Don't be afraid to pull it off. You are correct in your diagnosis as it sounds like your battery is going. One thing to remember is if you aren't going to be using the unit for a while you should disconnect the DCS charging system as it will eventually run down and toast your battery.

Paul:

Thanks for the reply on the DCS removal. I didn't want to horse the thing off as its really secure.

I was victim of having the DCS hooked up since I bought the LX3tc last Feb. I only used it about 4 hours last year. Mid summer I read on the forum here the DCS needs to be disconnected over long idle periods. I did so mid summer and only topped it off at every months end. Worked fine my first six days out and charged correct. But today it started showing these gremlins. I hope its not toast but the operation, reading, and charging has been funky today.

I'll use the other one a few days and see whats up !!