• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Somerset Wi. Contest Feb. 24 2007 $ 50,000 in prizes

3rd annual Somerset Youth Athletics Assciation Ice Fishing Contest held on Bass Lake in Somerset Feb. 24th. Grand prize is a new full-size 4x4 pickup. Prizes for the top 50 fish in the adult catagory include portables, augers, cameras and many more. Over $50,000 in total prizes guaranteed to be awarded. Entry fees are $30 per hole for adults Wisconsin law allows 3 poles so you can buy up to three entries. Also this year we are bringing back the kids catagory $10 per hole for kids under 15. 1st and 2nd place will be Sony playstation 3 consoles. Why fight the crowds in Brainerd? Bass Lake is only 15 miles East of Stillwater Mn. Information will be available soon at Somersetyouthathletics.com or you can email me at

[email protected]

We will have a booth at the St. Paul Sportsmans show (#66 in the auditorium) where you can pick up a flier, rules or maps. We will also be giving a $5.00 discount if you pre-register at the show. Also we have enlisted Gander Mtn. as our title sponsor so look for additional info to come at thier stores.

I have been getting a few questions about the contest so here is the answers to the 3 that I get the most often.

1. Bait will not be sold on the ice as a special license is required.

2. What if 50 fish are not caught? Last year we faced this because a major cold front moved in the night before the contest. All prizes will be awarded means any remaining prizes are raffled off on the ice.

3. Will beer be sold on the ice? It's ice-fishing and its in Wisconsin.... smile.gif