• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

silstar tiny 20

fisherman 66

Ah yes... the Tiny 20. The old model with the wood handle was the cats meow. Very lightweight and balanced very well on finesse rods. I made the switch the Shimano AX-ULS for most of my finesse rods now and at $20 the price point is very good too.

The Tiny 20R or 20F were both great ice reels...I converted all my jig rods (10 of them)to the "R" model because the "R" or rear Drag worked best for me for very light line...the F or front drag had an issue for me with the front drag...I could never adjust it to the lighter weight lines without the drag button spinning back and loosening the drag further. I don't know about finding one these days, I bought my last Tiny 20R about 3 years ago from a sports shop in North Dakota....I agree that you may want to check with Pinnacle (are they still in business?) they did still produce the front drag version up until last year...maybe they still do?? hsolist may very well be a good place to try and find these. I haven't seen anything like these reels since...maybe one of the reel manufacturers will pick up on the need for these again...before I wear mine out!

I have 3 of the tiny 20 and really like them. I checked silstar web site and they still make them but don't sell to the customer. I use to have 3 of the shimano AX ULS then switched to the tiny 20. I still have one AX of the three I had, and like but but wore out the other 2. Well today I went and picked up a new AX. Thanks for the responces and Merry Christmas.

Let's see.. I looked in my stuff and found I have seven(7) of these reels. So can I say I am a fan of them?, you bet.I bought most of these reels about 5 years ago, and have not 'upgraded', or replaced any as of yet.The earliest models I bought that have the grey reel body, and wood handles are the better ones. The black reel bodies of the later models did not seem to work as smoothly as the earlier ones, but worked decently anyway.I would certainly look at the Shimano offerings if I needed replacement reels.I am not necessarily brand specific- I only want what works well.