• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Report

Just returned from the big lake, fishing 5/25-27. Of course, the wind beat us up big time, but the fishing was unbelievable, even for Devils. We absolutely pounded the 'eyes, (and the northerns without trying). The fish are shallow!!! The bite in the trees exists, but it is not "hot". Trolling cranks is going well. But the best bite of all is in the shallow bays, with newly emerging vegatation, mixed in with the reeds and cattails. This bite is absolutely HOT, with fish coming to various presentations, including pitching jigs, tossing #4 Shad-Raps or similar smaller cranks, and good ol' slip-bobbers with leeches.

Find a shallow bay with newly emerging weed growth, fish the wind-blown side.., and prepare for outstanding action.

I am envious of those of you that live on or near Devils. You truly have an awesome fishery.

OMG YES!!! Great report.

Perch - ehhh, soso, if you can find them, not what it used to be.

Walleyes - very impressed...on ice. We had 20-30 fish from 15-24" averaging 18-21" each day. Busted hooks, lines and straightened a few hooks. Dang it's a long drive from here though. All CPR'd.

May 24-26 '06 the PWT was won with over 75 # for 15 fish, that's a 5# avg. With big fish going 8#+.

Anywho, I'm sure you had a great time.

So Any pics?? smirk.gif

I know I'd go back in heart beat.