• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fighting the rain

lars0926

Well, this past weekend might have been considered a washout, but I was determined to boat some crappies. The problem was they didn't appear to be staged in deeper water and they didn't take an interest in the shallows either. With a little persistence, a bals. float, and a paddletail in trail, they were found suspended 4' below the surface in 8' of water. It wasn't for the faint of heart, however. Between the wind causing evaporation on my hands and the occaisional bailing of water, I probably would have been more comfortable at home on the couch.....that is until I got my first.

crappie_04292006.jpg

Me and Cyberfish hit a metro area lake saturday eve. in our float tubes during the pouring rain and they were SNAPPIN'! Both craps and gills. It was worth the cold, nasty weather wink.gif.

lars,

i found them also in about 4 feet Saturday evening up here in staples. suspended in a 10 foot flat with weed growth to 4 feet or so.

red hooks and wax worms were calling them and blue gill for about 2 hours.

a couple downpours made the evening a bit challenging, but, i had to stay with action that good.

headin out later to try minnows on the same flat.