• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can you be a little more specific and tell us what part of the state you are heading to? I can probally help you out with anywhere on the western half of the state. remember that in many regions of the state, most trout streams are still closed in march.

Cool, I actually grew up in a town just east of st croix falls called balsam lake. Anyways, your best bet will be driving down to the Rush or Kinnikinic. Both rivers have an early catch and release season that is open through march. Check the regs before you go as they are different then during the regular season, such as you must use barbless hooks and all fish go back into the river immediatelly. I fish the rush anywhere from Martell to Ellsworth and I almost always fish the Kinni above River Falls. This time of year you need to be thinking light and small. Small scuds, PTs, Hare's ears, and the new and ever so popular pink squirel should all be in your fly box this time of year. (there are many more patterns I can help you with if you want) . These rivers are a blast this time of year and would be your best bet from the location you will be. Good luck and if you have any more questions don't be affraid to ask.