• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Watch for Birds

I tell Gunner that at least 10 times a day while we are hunting. He is actually very good at watching the birds and there have been many times when I've actually been alerted to incoming birds because he was paying more attention than I was...Well anyways--here's Gunner doing what he was told...

dsc014823lt.jpg

Here's another--not quite the awesome detail in the eye like the first one, but this just shows the intensity that labs have when they are in the blind. Is there anything better than watching your dog do what it does best...

dsc01478zr.jpg

I know what you mean....I remember taking this pic several years ago knowing I was busted as just before I pressed the shutter as the eyes locked up on incoming birds. In fact, second to picking up the decoys, getting out the camera and taking dog pics is the most surefire way to get busted by incoming ducks.

DSCN4685.jpg

I also noticed you shot this at iso 400....not that the noise shows up but was wondering if that was intentional and if so why. Did you shoot it RAW and how much post processing? Definitely one of your better pics and that is saying a lot.

Funny you mentioned that--I was half laying down in the boat this morning taking photos of you know who, when out of nowhere the sound of a hundred little stealth fighters came sweeping over the boat. I stood all the way up and watched about 60 bluebills heading straight away from me. All of a sudden I hear it again, I could do nothing but freeze and watch about 45 more fly right over my head. As soon as they passed I squatted down and starting wailing on the call. As soon as I did here came the first flock litterally cutting right underneath the second flock heading straight back to my spread. As they swung the front of the goose dekes. I let go of the first shot at the lead drake. Missed him. Second shot--Two of the prettiest Greater Scaup I have ever had the pleasure of shooting lay belly up in my goose dekes. Managed a mallard and a huge goose today as well. I took over a gig of photos of gunner today in the blind. Nice job on the pic above Hobby--can't wait to see more.

Hobby... great shot! I have seen that look in the eyes of LBD many times. You know that you are not gonna get a shot by the time you turn around and see what she is looking at. Great picture!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Have a good one././Jimbo