• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Take your Dad fishin'

Oldtyme

While I know everyone knows what this Sunday is but I thought I'd ring in as a nice reminder that there is no better time to take your 'old man' fishing.

This year is special as Fathers day is the same as my birthday. We had plans to go to my sisters for dinner but nothing in the morning soooo.......

I just called my Dad & says "Lets go fishin'" which he replied "I have no license", "no problem, I'll buy you one" (thanks to IN DNR for being able to buy licenses online)

He also said "$14 for one day?" and I say "No, this is annual, I guess you'll just have to go with me more often" smile.gif

So personally I'm really looking forward to Sunday. A chance to take the man out that's always taken me along and taught me how to fish.

(on a funny side note he asked about bait, I told him "we are living in modern times Dad, people don't use bait anymore" smile.gif

(which is a lil' lie as I still tip my plastics w/ waxies)

He was interested that I catch more fish with plastics than live bait. Finally. I get to teach him something laugh.gif

Outstanding, great topic! My dad (and the rest of my family) are all going to the zoo for Father's Day. My dad used to always take us to the zoo when we were little and we haven't been there since that time, so we figured why not give it a try again. My new nephew will be joining us as well and it should be an awesome day!

Have fun this weekend and congrats to all you fathers out there on a job well done! smile.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson