• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hello!

I'm new to the site. I've been posting to the Mississippi River forum and never scrolled down to see this one! I'm looking for fishing partners (see the pool 4-11 forum.) I don't know of any other "fishing goddesses" like me. smirk.gif I like to do ALL kinds of fishing. My hubby supports me, but doesn't share the passion. I could be on the lake 24/7 and he gets bored. I live in a house with 3 males and NONE of them love to fish. Growing up, my dad's idea of a good family vacation was hauling my mom, three kids and the dog up to BWCA, paddle back 7 portages, camp on an island, and fish all day. I guess the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, he up and moved to AZ!! Doesn't fish anymore so I'm stuck on dry land. I bought a kayak, a 16 ft. Scamp trailer, but haven't had much luck fishing on my own. Hubby works a lot, doesn't take the time to get outside (although he LOVES it once I drag him out.) I need to broaden my fishing circle. Any gals interesting in joining me? Any guys interested in teaching us? I want to learn to fish the Miss. river and backwaters around Red Wing/Lake City/Wabasha.

Hello & Welcome FisherMissis,

I'm glad you found us. Yes we are down aways, but at least we are here. Can't blame them thow our little group isn't used very much.

We just spent last weekend at McGregor Iowa on the Mississippi. It was sure opening up. It won't be long now.

Do you ever get over to the Waterville area? That is where I spend most of my summer. I know what you mean about hubby's that work a lot mine does also. I spend a lot of time out fishing by myself or with friends. He does love to fish also thow.

I also started fishing when I was young with my dad and family. I have found a lot of other fishing Lady friends at the resort we stay at so I've been lucky there. I also have 3 daughters that love to fish so they come up once in awhile and fish with me also. Yes the fruit doesn't fall very far from the tree.LOL!

Again Welcome and I hope you find a good group of fishing friends.

Hey, thanks for the welcome! I'm SO GLAD to hear that there's others out there like me! I don't mind fishing by myself, once I find a good fishing spot and know what to do. Where's Waterville? Let me know if you ever want a fishing partner, I'm THERE! smile.gif

Hi, I am new to this site also, welcome! I also do not have a boat, but do some shore fishing. I really enjoy ice fishing also. I just picked up a 4x6 portable house with a 8"gas strikemaster auger, sunflower heater and tank for $300. so going to be able to do a whole lot more ice fishing. I to have been reading up on the river fishing, and the fly fishing. Looking forward to spring. Good luck to you.

Hi Lynn, I'm in Duluth right now. Gander Mountain is having a BIG sale and I bought TONS of tackle and stuff I need for the next season. Also found the power bait that Crappie Tom recommended for the river, so I'm all set. Plan to fish this weekend when I get back into town. I'll e-mail you so we can connect if you want to join me.

Hey Fishermissis, I think i am going to check out the cool cats thing on Horseshoe lake in Richmond Mn. this weekend,

but would like to get together for some shorefishing sometime. Keep in touch. Thanks Lynn

Hi, I have a portable, with heater and auger, so set that way. looking forward to shorefishing tho, not as much stuff to haul around, had to take the seats out of my car to haul everything, but i still have a good time.