• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Kahuna Bucktails

Has anyone ever used a Big Kahuna Bucktail?

I found a closeout of them for less than half price ($5-$7), they look pretty nice. I picked up 5 of the 7 they had in various sizes and colors.

They are made by Land O Lakes Tackle Co, which seems to have gone out of business.

I'm just starting to get into muskie fishing so I thought these would be good to build a foundation on.

They have one problem in that their blades are a bit heavy. You may have to give them a quick jerk after you cast them to get the blade spinning. I have several of them and it's a common problem.

They will however catch fish, so don't be at all discouraged to throw them. They are at their best in dark or rough water as the heavy blades make a lot of comotion in the water. smile.gif

They have another problem from what I've found. They are too light in the rear as a result of that blade and very light treble. This produces fowl ups in moderate to heavy winds. I've added egg sinkers around the sahft of the hook but this has produced a decreased hook gap so I don't use two that I have very often at all anymore. Nice looking though.