• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Auger Carrier for Snowmobile

lureman

While attending the ice show I see the Ice Team had a nice looking auger carrier mounted on the front of their Arctic Cat Bearcats just above the ski's. Does anyone out there know if the carrier is available on the market, or if there is a similiar product out there? It sure wouls be nice to have a carrier outside the fishhouse sled and readily available for drilling.

lureman-

Welcome to FM. You got a good question there that I don't know the answer too, but I saw it also and was taking a real good look at how it was mounted and fabricated.

You could make one yourself if you're a welder. All it would take is some tube steel and angle iron but they finished it off real nice. What I didn't get a good look at was how it attached to the sled. The bracket runs straight through the belly pan. It looks like once its mounted on the sled, you are stuck with it there.

I ride a 2002 ZR 600 Cat which has the same hood style and was hoping it would work for mine. What I would have liked to see is the mount attached somewhere to the shock towers somehow in the engine compartment so you wouldn't have to put a hole in the belly pan. I trail ride a lot too and don't want my auger rack on the sled when I trail ride so it would have to be removable.

I stopped by the arctic cat dealership in Thief River Falls were the Bearcats are produced. The dealer wasn't aware if arctic cat was manufacturing or in the business of selling the carriers seen on the ice team rigs. He was going to make a few calls and will be getting back to me. I will share the info gathered on this forum.

Unfortunately I'm not a welder but think someone in the trade could rig something up that would work and be detachable.