• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how does the eskimo quickflip 2 perfom on the ice

eskimo_fisher

I used one all last winter and I'm pleased with it. It's light enough for one man to pull around on foot but two guys can fish it comfortably. Its got more headroom than some, so you don't have to fish hunched over. I figure I'm going to put on some Hifax or other type of runners so the lightweight sled doesn't wear out. Figure out an anchor system if you fish in the wind. Last year in Dakota, I had to yell for one of my sons to catch the fish when my tipup flags went, because my sled would have blown away if I had gotten up.

I like mine. Have had it for 2 years now and no problems. I would recommend putting hyfax runners on it as the tub is light. Sets up quick, comes down easy, nothing has broken and it fits in the back of my jeep. Does need anchored in strong wind but then I think they all do.

I have had my Quick Flip 2 for 3 years now and absolutly love it. I was fortunate enough to be at Joe's when they had 4 major brands of 2 man flips side by side so you could compare. I found the eskimo to be just as good as the other ones and for a lot less money. The only bad thing is the thin sled which I fixed by bolting some old downhill skis to it which I got at Goodwill for $10. I think you will enjoy it, and if your like me (6' tall) you will enjoy the extra height.

i went with the quickflip II last year. i also got to see a couple brands side by side and found that this had everything desirabel for the price. i personally love the bench seat because you can have three people in there if you bring company along and also it is easier to store stuff on top of it while it is in the car. it fits perfectly in the back of my blazer and takes up very little room in the garage. and again at 6'2" tall with boots on , i barely have to bend my head when i stand up to stretch.

advice... when fishing two peopl. drill holes in a square at the corners of you open ice versus in a straight line. much less tangle up that way and sometimes easier to tell where fish are travleing from.

gophish