• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Medora mule deer hunt.

bmc

Our party just got home today from a week of bowhunting mule deer north of Medora, N.D. We went 2 for 4 so we felt that was pretty good being it was our first time out there. We ended up with a 2x2 and a nice 4x4 that had a spread about 25". I spot and stalked to within about 25-30 yards of a nice 25"-27" buck that was at least a 4x4. The only problem was the rise in the ground between us. All I could see was the top of his butt and his rack swiveling back and forth. It was dead calm and I was stuck, if I only would have come in a little bit higher. I was on my tippy toes trying to get enough height to clear the rise but at 6'02" I must be too short! LOL The guys gave me dump saying I shoulda' been 2-3 inches taller and I would've probably had a shot. We saw on average about 30-50 mule deer and day, with 3-5 good bucks (4x4 or better) spotted every day. This was on private land that the owner only allows archery hunting. A guy from Wisconsin shot an awesome 5x5 last Saturday and by the looks of the pics, it'll score well into Pope and Young. The south unit of the Teddy Roosevelyt park is a must see!

Brian

BMC...could you post some contact info for the private party where you hunted? I'd be interested in that hunt next year. Did you stay on his place or in town or at a campground? Also, what does a non-resident N. Dak. license cost?

Thanks, Polar Bear

Polar Bear,

My email is bmc2680 at yahoo dot com. Drop me an email or post your email address here and I'll email you with as many details as possible. There is a web page for this guide as well. Get ahold of me.

Brian