• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ACL Injury

For the last week my 18 month old black lab won't use his right-rear leg. He's going in on Friday to get it diagnosed. I've been told that it's likely a torn ACL. The surgery (PTLO surgery) is fairly expensive....$2000. Does anyone have any experience with this injury or surgery? What about rehab? I don't feel like paying lots of $$ for rehab, but if it's necessary...... Any advice would be great.

Chisago lakes vet clinic is doing something new it's called t-cell and is working get. I plan on having my dogs ACL done there after thanksgiving. They have done some amazing work for me and would recommend them to any one. It's a bit of a drive but well worth it. smile.gif

Ours tore both of his last year. He also had this surgery done. We are in Colorado and his ran about $3000.00 ea. Had one done in Jan. and the other done in April. Recovery period is tough. 6 weeks of little to no activity, no running, no jumping, very short walks after a couple of weeks. 1st leg healed in this time period, 2nd took about 10 weeks and he still had some restrictions.

That being said it was all worth it! We've hunted the last 2 weekends in Kansas and he's like a pup again. (He'll turn 9 next Feb.) It's like he never had a problem.

I've got a lot more info if you need it.