• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any one lucky enough to still be Rifle hunting ?

dwag70

Anyone else out there still got a tag to fill? Where you heading and what is your plan? Never hunted 3rd weekend but lucky enough I still have my Buck Tag. Can expect the bucks where they were first weekend? Need a little help to Bag one Hunting the Sandstone area with a spot by Duxbury to try also. One is BIG Woods with swamps the other has feilds by it but i cant get close to them (no access with the landowner) Any ideas? Which spot and what to do ??

Dwag70,

Our group didn't do very well. 2 out of 8 the first weekend. I didn't see anything until on the way home when one decided to end her life in front of my truck about 12 miles east of Sandstone. I didn't go last weekend, but the rest of the group didn't get any anyway. I am suppose to get my truck back tonight and I am planning on going back up on Thursday.

Thats too bad !!! I got one that way 2 years ago right by the junkyard on the left as you are heading east out of sandstone. My buddy got one last year in nearly the same spot. I got a report from our group last night. they took a big 10 pt but everything else they seen were fawns and nubbin bucks. they said they deer were still in the same spots. But with the weather changing who knows this weekend where they will be

Yep-

Last weekend is coming up! We actually do very well for deer third weekend. We hunt fairly close to the Wisconsin border and WI gun season opens up this weekend so we tend to see deer getting pushed back over our way.