• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Radio?

BigDaddy

One of my fishing buddies likes to bring a small boom box out on the ice with us. The music can be nice to have sometimes and he never plays it loud. However, I wonder how it effects the fishing.

Thoughts?

Can't say I can tell you which ones to buy or not buy. However, I do have a pair and wish I would have gotten the ones that come with the charger/base stations. Mine just run off of replaceable AA's or AAA's and seem to use up a lot of batteries. Nice to have but, would be nicer if you could just get home and set them into the charger.

I wouldn't think that it affects fishing all that much, especially if it's not loud & thumping a lot of bass vibrations into the ice. I have a radio that I made out of a small tool box, an old car stereo & 4" door speakers. It runs off of a motorcycle battery, which is nice, because it can be recharged easily.

I don't think that I've had better or worse success with it, but it sure can be nice to have out there. cool.gif

IMO it kinda depends on the situation. If I'm fishing shallow water especially early ice then I don't use a radio and try to stay quite. Later in the year when the ice is thicker and I'm fishing deeper water or if it's after primetime and the only thing biting is 12 ouncers then I'll turn on the radio. I don't know that it makes a difference but that's how I've always done it.