• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mr. Heater Cooker

MT Net

I fired up my Mr. heater/cooker last night to make sure I'm ready for the ice season.

Strange, I don't recall a constant flame 6 to 8 inches above the heater surface on all settings.

Is something out of adjustment, or is it time for a new heater/cooker?

Did you just get your propane tank filled? If so.. that's the likely culprit.. even with the OPD valves it seems like the tank puts out more pressure than the cooker can regulate.. let it run for a little while (maybe 5 minutes) and the flames should return to normal.

The first time I fired up my cooker with a full propane tank I worried I had a broken one (which is the way it usually goes for me.. get something new, and I have to take it back because it's defective... crazy.gif) but after letting it run for a little bit things were back to normal.