• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sergei Zholtok

hanson

I don't frequent the sports forums much but I caught tragic news on the TV the other day.

Sergei Zholtok, former MN Wild player, died while playing hockey in Latvia at the ripe old age of 31 due to a heart condition. I'm still caught off guard by the news. Darby Hendrickson, Zholtok's teammate while at MN, was by his side when he died.

He lived in Eagan,MN and I used to see him at the LifeTime Fitness in Eagan when I lived down in that neck of the woods. I believe his family was still living there.

You would think at 31 years of age and being a professional athlete, you'd be in better health than anybody.

That was a real shame to be sure. Had not heard that Darby was at his side before. Those tickers can be tough to call. People you'd never expect just keel over. Prime examples are Jim Fixx, the runner/writer guy and John Ritter. Never know for certain when your time is up or where I guess.