• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'71 Mongomery Wards 450

clam up

What a looker aye? Unfortunately, my version of this sled looks a little rougher than this pic (found this pic on a vintage sled site). Anyone have one of these sittin around in a field somewhere? I need a seat and 1971 Montgomery Wards 450.jpg a recoil for this sled. The motor is a 440cc Kohler. Also, does anyone know of a good resource that may have info on this machine? I reckon its a pretty rare bird.

Yep, its got the face only a mother can love grin.gif I actually love old sleds, the uglier the better.

You said you pulled the pic off a vintage site so you are looking in the right areas for the parts you need. The Vintage Snowmobile Club of America (VSCA) would be another good place to check out. They have a HSOforum and publish a quartely magazine. The magazine is actually pretty impressive. There is also one rather large and popular auction site on the internet where I have found lots of parts, literature, and memorabilia for my old Sno-Jet. Someone may have what you are looking for. Also check out some of the vintage shows this winter, most of them also have a Swap Meet. There is a huge one out at Lake Waconia every winter sponsored by the VSCA.

As to the rarity, I think you have stumbled on a somewhat rare sled but you should still be able to find stuff for it. You should have no problem finding a recoil since Kohler motors were used in about every other manufacturer's sled also. The seat always seams to be the missing piece for everyone's restoration.