• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Divots under the eyes?

BLACKJACK

Is there anyway to prevent my labs from getting worn out spots under the eyes? They actually wear thru the skin to where they bleed! My seven year old yellow is permantly scarred to where it looks like she has black spots under the eyes and now my 11 month old pup is starting a spot under her eye. It doesn't look as bad on the black dog, but from past experience, I know that they'll open up now every time I take them out hunting and they won't heal until after the season is done. I know its the constant use, especially the 5 days trips to SoDak, but any ideas? I've tried putting vaseline on in the past but that doesn't seem to help.

I just got back from SD and experienced the same thing with my 11 month old lab under both eyes. They are healing now but I'm sure it will probably happen when I go back out.

Balackjack you said you tried the vaseline thing and it didn't work but I talked to so others and they said it did. I really don't know what to do since this is my first dog and experince with it. I don't know what to do.confused.gif

At this point I guess I just consider it the dogs battle scars for working so hard hunting up pheasants.

Was out hunting with a couple of other guys on Wed, one with a lab the other with golden, and my dogs covered four times the ground, coursing back and forth while theres were just barely running ahead of them. Not for me. I'll take my active dogs with the battle scars.