• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Vermillion camping

BIG

looking for recommendation for camping on Lake Vermillion - tenting - preferably lakeside where you can see boat (don't have to take it out each night).......thanks...will be musky fishing ....

BIG,
There's a nice public campground outside of Cook, MN on Vermilion. This time of year you could pull your boat on the beach since it's usually deserted in the early fall. Pretty reasonable price too!

jig-em

BIG,

I've stayed at Hoodoo point campground many years ago, when I stayed there it was nice but a pretty wide open area, maybe it's changed over the years, also right next to the Tower Airport. I have also stayed at McKinley or Mckinney, I don't remember which one it was, that was a pretty nice place.

Ole

There is a campground in Wakemup Bay. Also there is free camping available on different points of the lake maintained by the forest service. The first place I am familiar with is just south of OAK NARROWS, in SMARTS BAY on HINDALE ISLAND. There are also camping sites in BYSTROM BAY,which is just west of PINE ISLAND. The free sites are first come, first serve. They have fire pits, picnic tables and food lockers.