• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a good carp lake

Aj10

Has anyone ever tried fishing penn lake.I fished it before also there are some tall weeds on the side of the boat landing and there was 2 guys coming down to fish for carp and there was a whole bunch of dead carp in the weeds and it smelled horrible.I mean people picnice there.Sad huh also carp and even that bad i mean people say how bad they are but hey they clean the bottom of are lakes from all the garbage.Bad people!

You know, the bad part isn't the smell. The bad is that the rotting fish turns into ammonia which runs into the lake. Ammonia creates algae blooms and reduces the oxygen in the lake. Then the lake becomes bad habitat for most fish ... except carp and bullheads. So it always amazes me how people kill a bunch of carp and leave them on the bank, because all they are doing is killing game fish and helping the carp take over. Bottom line is, the more polluted a lake is, the better it is for the carp. I love carp, but I love our native fish more. No sense in filling the lakeshore with rotting carp when all it does is make the lake better for carp and worse for our true-blue american game fishes like buffalo and quillbacks.